Dates: Thursdays, Jan. 12, 2016 to August 131, 2017, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Looking to learn Italian before your next vacation to Italy? This course is designed for beginning students that want to immerse themselves and reach basic fluency before their trip to Italy. The course will provide the necessary tools to develop communicative competence in the four major abilities: listening, speaking, reading and writing. At completion of the course, students should acquire:
- Basic working vocabulary in Italian for oral and written communication
- Fundamentals of basic Italian grammar for oral and written communication
- Capability to write a paragraph in Italian and be able to read and comprehend prepared passages
- Skills to maintain basic conversation and communicate about simple and everyday tasks such as: follow directions, make reservations, purchase tickets, shopping, etc.
- Describe simple and basic situations
The class will focus on interaction between students and teacher, roll-playing of everyday situations, videos and more. In addition, some major areas of Italian culture will be discussed: music, food, art, history and geography about Italian regions and their unique characteristics.
Ready to start?
Thursdays 6:00pm - 8:30pm for a total of 85 hours of instruction. Classes start 1/12/17.
- 6:00pm - 6:50pm Review of prior lesson and new grammar topic
- 6:50pm - 7:30pm Listening/Writing exercises
- 7:30pm - 7:40pm Break
- 7:40pm - 8:30pm Conversation